Thursday, November 19, 2009

great customer service, great way to do business

I have learned that if you do not have anything nice to say, then do not say anything at all, I believe I learned that by the 5th grade. I have also learned that you learn to play fair, don’t hit, and don’t spit. When you have something to say (especially to defend yourself, or correct that person’s incorrect knowledge) you speak your peace, you let the other person speak, then you speak, they speak and vice versa it goes back and forth to solve the problem. Pretty easy right???? Get how this game works?!?
You see, I know exactly how it works, I have learned from the self-professed master of the game.

This post is coming due to a “spat” with a particularly rude person in a local business yesterday, in which, I did spend a lot of time, some effort and a little money, at this particular business (maybe that was part of the problem…….).

I have learned that people that claim they are someone they are not…….. everyone knows the deal about that, I don’t even need to go there, I am really trying to be nice, here, ya know.
People get annoyed by know-it-all attitudes. Just the facts. People are people.
Where is the humbleness that is so nice in life today? Apparently, some people’s ego is bigger than life itself, and that it is all about them. Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news…..it is not all about you. You MUST understand that people just don’t care how smart you think you are.
I bet no one has ever told you that before. I am just here to help you out with your misguidance.

People that are in customer service, (this means if you work with the public, in case you were confused) should know how to speak to people and listen with their ears.
If everyone has a problem with the same person, don’t you think maybe it’s not everyone else…..and that it could possibly be you? Ever heard that saying? Maybe, just maybe after you run everyone off in this business, you will get the hint.

I have also learned that when you encounter someone that claims she is “self-professed genius” you learn to know how much that person thinks of themselves, and why they must act in the manner they do. You are really not that smart, as I was a customer and one of your best supporters. OOPS!!!! YOU DID IT AGAIN!!!!

The “favorite” customer is the one that spends the most money with the business, yeah, I get that, surprise, surprise, RIGHT???!!

When someone is giving you signals that they just don’t want to be bothered by you, you usually get that hint loud and clear. I got the message loud and clear.
You also learn a lot about a person if they have to talk-louder than you and not let you or your point of view to be heard, just to “control” you or the situation. Great customer service, I appreciate you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see you are still mad today...I get ya, sista! I just want you to know you are my best friend and I will support you in any decision you choose to make. That's what friends are for!!

PS: I'm not the "favorite" customer you were referring to in your pst, am I? Just curious.....