Sunday, November 15, 2009

I am an old fart.

yeah!!! I had a great night of sleep last night! I really don't sleep too well at times, and last night I went to bed early, after a long day.
First I had to get up early, (even before Zoie!) and get ready for heading out to the bi-annual yard sale at TPH aka Chas Scrapbooking. Wow! what a great day of fun! Sheila and I were partners in crime writing down the sales on our little pad. She would call out the vendor # and price, then I would write it down, add it up and all that jazz. The women (and some men) were wonderful! It was a great success, as usual. This is the first time us girls, (me, Amber, Vonnie, Sheila) all worked it. We had to go in the night before (Friday night) at 6:00 to start sorting out all the different categories, and then get everything organized. We left (Amber and I) around 10:00 pm after all that was finished. Then like I said, we had the yard sale yesterday, and everyone that had put their stuff in as a vendor, they get dollar for dollar in store credit towards merchandise in the store. I put lots of stuff in the yard sale this time. I really hope I did well with selling my "loot"! I know I wrote up a good bit of my stuff yesterday that people purchased. My goal is to use my yard sale money that I made only to buy stuff I need! I am really being very selective now with my purchases, and that is with every purchase I make in life. I have always been VERY frugal, but now that basically John and I both are unemployed, and with a new baby.....things are more than tight.
But after the yard sale, I had to leave and come home, pack up Zoie and head over to my friends' daughter's baby shower. Heather is expecting a baby girl in January. She really looked beautiful being pregnant. She is young, (19) but, you know how that is, her Mom and Dad are helping them....and they are just excited to be grandparents!
Well as Zoie and I were leaving the baby shower, I was carrying her in my arms, along with all of her "stuff" (back-pack, sippy) etc. I lost my footing and twisted my ankle, with us slamming to the gravel. I managed to cover Zoie, she didn't get a scratch, but I really hurt my knee with all the weight landing there. I swear, every time I wear these Dansko shoes....I end up twisting my ankle and sometimes falling. I feel like an old person today.....bum knee, hurt wrist with tar gravel still embedded in it and a swollen ankle. I tried to clean out the wrist last night, but boy, that peroxide stings like crazy. I am being a baby. I am old. Had to take Tylenol 500 mg last night before going to bed. I am old.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe that Tylenol 500mg was the reason you slept so good last night!! I am just happy you and Z were not hurt!

I will see you up at the store today!!