Saturday, December 19, 2009

very happy to be sleeping in my own bed!!!

So Z and I are back from our trip, and now I am back sleeping in my own very comfortable Sterns & Foster! Gotta just love those guys!!!
I have learned about a get-to-gether or two that I missed out on...........damn!! Tisha and Amber both had their parties' while I was away.........hmmmmmmmm......should I take this personally?!?! ........................nope.
I guess that will be ok but if it happens again............there will be HELL to pay for you two! (that is funny, if I say so myself!! :<)
So everything is nearly back to normal......except the fact that Z and I are still on
Seattle time. We got home Wednesday and we have slept in late, and stayed up even later! John is not diggin' that whole deal.
This morning started "Operation Potty Training". I am still trying to learn all the do's and don'ts of that whole deal. Very very time consuming I am learning. Good times!!!!!!! Good times!!!!!
So to start off our day, I go and get little Z immediately upon waking.....take her diaper off...... put her on her potty, kept trying to make up a "potty song", never had I thought of making up a demo tape for going potty but I wish I had before I needed it. (I may try to add music to it and market it!)
The little chick got up off her potty and stuck her hand in her potty, and then I realized her hand was wet.......she pee-peed on our very first attempt at potty training!!!!!! OMG! I WAS STOKED!! I clapped, hugged her, and we did a little dance! She got up off the potty and went to sit down beside her doggie brother Sammy boy, then hugs him. I thought, oh my, how stinkin' sweet! She gets up from hugging him, and then Sammy starts to eat something on the floor beside him.
I am now intrigued at what he is eating, so I get closer and realize that he is eating Z's poop on the floor! SERIOUSLY GROSS!!!!! I immediately try to move him away from it, and put Z back on her potty........clean up the remaining poop, (just pebbles thankfully!) and go back to the potty to get Z cleaned up. Then guess what?
There was poopy in the potty too!!!!!!!! She pee-peed and poo-pood!!!!
My baby is growing up!!!!
I was telling Vonny about this endeavor tonight as we were playing Skip-Bo (cards), and she said it was a fluke that Z knew what she was doing.
It probably was. She just turned 20 months. I know potty training cannot be this much fun! We just had a great day. Poop and all.
***Food for thought: get the dog out of the bathroom before potty training.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post honey!! Definite food for thought there, my buh-ee!

Z's pooping and peeingin the potty may not be a fluke. My oldest sister, Dawn, was potty trained by two. Of course, my mother had to do next to nothing for her to be potty trained. She said Dawn just one day sat on her potty and went and from that point on she was trained. Sounds great, but this was also the sister that set my mother's living room curtains on fire at age three.....you win some and you lose some.

PS: Totally jealous about SkipBo....I love that stinking game!!

Loves!!